Intricately engraved antique bond certificate from the Doernbecher Manufacturing Company dating back to the 1940's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Western Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/4" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
The vignettes on this piece features an eagle on a crag.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Originally founded in Tacoma as the Doernbecher Furniture Company, the Doernbecher Manufacturing Company was moved to Portland by founder Frank Silas Doernbecher in 1900. Doernbecher was a pioneer in mass production of furniture with a traveling assembly line, five miles long. At the company’s peak, it was one of the biggest furniture producers in the United States. Production was devoted to mainly bedroom and dining room furniture. During World War II, Doernbecher produced furniture under government contracts for Army and Navy needs.
The plant was located at 1100 NE 28th at the Union Pacific Railroad crossing in Portland’s Sullivan's Gulch, and employed approximately 1,000 people. The company was reorganized as a Nevada entity in 1930 and was later sold to Barker Furniture.