Nicely engraved specimen bond certificate from Cooper Laboratories, Inc. dating back to the 1980's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company Chairman of the Board and Secretary, was a printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette features two scientists, laboratory equipment and a globe.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
CooperCompanies was founded in 1958 as Martin H. Smith Co. and later incorporated as Cooper Tinsley Laboratories Inc. in 1961. The company changed its name to Cooper Laboratories Inc. in 1967. Cooper Laboratories entered the contact lens business in 1972 when it acquired British lens maker GlobalVision.
In 1980, Cooper Laboratories reorganized into three business groups: CooperVision, CooperCare and CooperBiomedical, with Cooper Medical Devices Corp. added as a fourth group one year later.
The company was renamed The Cooper Companies in 1987. Three years later, the company was further restructured into three business units: CooperVision, CooperSurgical and CooperVision Pharmaceuticals. The latter was dissolved in 2003.
Today, CooperCompanies operates as two business units: CooperVision and CooperSurgical, which have continued to grow through various acquisitions and expansions. The company is based in Pleasonton, California.