Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Cincinnati, Lebanon and Northern Railway Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary was printed by the Republic Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
The vignette features a Pennsylvania Lines train steaming down the tracks.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Cincinnati, Lebanon & Northern Railroad Company was incorporated on July 14, 1885, to operate from Cincinnati north through Mason and Lebanon to Waynesville. About 1.2 miles of its track was in Butler County. It passed through the southeast corner of West Chester Township (formerly Union Township).
The 36.2-mile CL&N provided an outlet for the Middletown & Cincinnati Railroad Company at Hageman Junction. The CL&N and the Dayton, Lebanon & Cincinnati combined formed a 54.2-mile link between Cincinnati and Dayton.
In 1896, The Cincinnati, Lebanon and Northern was acquired by the Pennsylvania Railroad Company.
The company also owned the famous Highland Grove amusement park. From the early 1800s through the 1930s, Highland Grove lured families to picnic, to dance and to enjoy the park's rides. Back then, the park was considered second only to Brooklyn's Coney Island.