Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Big Indian Oil and Gas Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which contains the signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by Quayle & Son of New York, and measures approximately 10 3/4" (w) by 8 1/2" (h).
The vignette features a broad oil field scene. There is also a red underprint of a Native American at the center.
The Big Indian Oil and Gas Company was incorporated in Wyoming in 1916, and had offices in Denver, Colorado.
The company had leases on more than 8,000 acres in the various producing sections of Wyoming, of which 2,240 acres were in the Big Muddy field, 225 acres in Salt Creek, 960 acres in Cole Creek, 160 acres Buck anticline near Lusk, 960 acres in Emigrant Gap, 3,600 acres in Poison Spider and 160 acres at Lost Soldier.