Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Aireon Manufacturing Corporation dating back to the 1940's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was a printed by the Jeffries Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an allegorical male figure surrounded by a pair of old planes, a gear, an anvil and a sledgehammer.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This company was founded in California in 1937 as Aircraft Accessories, Incorporated. The company moved to Kansas City, Missouri in 1939. The firm name was changed to the Aireon Manufacturing Corporation in 1944.
During World War II, Aireon manufactured radar and elctronics equipment.
In 1945, Aireon entered the jukebox business, but the company struggled to achieve profitability. In January of 1947, the Reconstruction Finance Corporation and eight banks in the Kansas City area loaned $2,000,000 to the firm to retire short term bank loans and provide working capital for the year. However, the company could not meet its obligations and filed for reorganization.
Hampered by quality mechanical difficulties with its early model, Aireon re-shaped its selling methods to sell units direct to operators for $595 - making it the cheapest new jukebox on the market.
The company struggled for two more years, before finally being taken over by RFC who liquidated the company.