Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Choctaw and Memphis Railroad Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Assistant Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette features the Commerce allegory, flanked by sacks of grain, barrels, a train and a ship.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Choctaw and Memphis Railroad Company was originally chartered on September 15,1898 to acquire the property of the Little Rock and Memphis Railroad Company (which it did on October 25, 1898), and also to construct a railroad between the City of Little Rock and the Arkansas-Indian Territory State line.
The road ran from Little Rock, Arkansas to Wister, Oklahoma, (169 miles) via Biddle, Hot Springs, Junction, Pulaski, Maumelle, Pinnacle, Natural Steps, Roland, Ledwidge, Fourche, Bigelow, Houston, Perry, Adona, Homewood, Casa, Birta, Ola, Mickles, Danville, Belleville, Havana, Waveland, Blue Mountain, Magazine, Booneville, Barber, Echo, Abbott, Mansfield, and Hartford, Arkansas; Monroe, and Howe, Oklahoma
It was sold the Choctaw, Oklahoma and Gulf on June 30,1900 for $1,621,500.