Indianapolis and St. Louis Railway

1 product

    This line was founded by the Bellefountaine ("Bee Line") Railway in 1868 to compete with William Riley McKeen’s Terre Haute & Indianapolis Railroad. The line eventually entered into an agreement to use the St. Louis, Alton & Terre Haute tracks west of Terre Haute.

    In the 1870s, it built a passenger depot on the north side of Sixth and Tippecanoe streets and an elaborate freight depot two blocks west. Ultimately, the Indianapolis & St. Louis and its affiliates were absorbed by the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railroad, known as "The Big Four."

    1 product
    Indianapolis & St. Louis Railway Company Stock Certificate
    Indianapolis & St. Louis Railway Company Stock Certificate
    Indianapolis & St. Louis Railway Company
    $15.00
    Recently viewed