Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Sierra Pacific Power Company dating back to the 1960's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the Franklin-Lee Division of the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 7 3/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an eagle on a crag.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Sierra Pacific Power was founded in 1928 from a merger of several companies dating back to the gold rush of the 1850s. In 1984, it reorganized as a holding company, Sierra Pacific Resources.
In 1998, the company merged with Nevada Power. After the merger, Sierra Pacific Resources was the nominal survivor, with Nevada Power joining Sierra Pacific Power as one of its operating companies. However, headquarters moved from Reno to Nevada Power's old campus in Las Vegas. The merger created a company with a service territory stretching over 44,400 square miles - nearly all of Nevada's densely populated area.
On September 22, 2008, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power began doing business as NV Energy. This is the result of the corporate decision to unify its image under a single brand. Later, Sierra Pacific Resources changed its corporate name to NV Energy, Inc.