Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road

2 products

    This line was incorporated January 11, 1868, as the successor of the Sandusky and Cincinnati Railroad Company, which was a reorganization of the Sandusky Dayton and Cincinnati Railroad Company and the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad Company (the latter road, chartered under general railroad laws of Ohio, January 5, 1832, was the first line chartered west of the Allegheny Mountains, and the first projected line in the United States to run by steam power).

    The first sod was cut at Sandusky, Ohio, September 7, 1835, by General William Henry Harrison, afterwards President of the United States. The first train was run in the latter part of 1838, and the entire line from Dayton to Sandusky opened for business May 10, 1848. The "Findlay Branch" Railroad from Carey to Findlay was constructed under authority conferred by the charter of the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad Company supplemented by special act of February 19, 1845.

    The Cincinnati Sandusky and Cleveland Railroad Company was controlled by the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway Company through ownership of capital stock, and was operated as a part of that road.
    2 products
    Sold Out
    Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road Company Stock Certificate
    Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road Company Stock Certificate
    Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road Company
    $15.00
    Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road Company Bond Certificate
    Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road Company Bond Certificate
    Cincinnati, Sandusky and Cleveland Rail Road Company
    $19.00
    Recently viewed